10 Reasons to have Legal Representation when buying a home, especially a Bank Owned Property
10. Your attorney will review the contract and all addendum’s for the purchase of your home
9. Your attorney will provide you with legal representation throughout the entire process
8. Your attorney will coordinate with the title company on your behalf. This is sometimes a difficult process when purchasing a bank owned property. Only certain title companies handle the homes that are bank owned and some are overloaded.
7. Your attorney will personally review the survey of the property and address any defects.
6. Your attorney will address any title defects that may be found and will make sure you have clear and marketable title at closing.
5. Your attorney will review any changes that have been made to the Settlement Statement and make sure any “extra” or “hidden” charges are removed.
4. Your attorney will extract the closing documents from the title company in a timely manner so there is enough time for your review.
3. Your closing will occur in your attorney’s office. On a bank owned purchase the title company is usually outside of the area so they will send a mobile notary to sign the documents with. The problem with this is the notary cannot explain the documents because they are not an attorney.
2. Your attorney will follow up to obtain the owners title policy and to make sure that the deed has been recorded.
1. Your attorney will make sure you CLOSE!!!
I work with a great attorney that charges a nominal fee to cover your assets! I am a professional Realtor with Keller Williams, but I’m not an attorney, so I highly recommend all my clients have legal representation.
Contact me anytime if you have Real Estate interests in Bradenton or Sarasota.